Thursday, April 17, 2008

I think that I would utilize this virtual reality in my classroom. I like that it is a different way for students to learn. I also think that it fits into what they are doing at home with playing video games. I believe that the more we relate what they are learning to what they like to do, the more interested they will be in learning. Now, I don't think that this virtual reality should be used at all times and for every subject, but it is a good teaching tool. It does play a role in K-12 classrooms. I think that it may be more valuable in the higher elementary classrooms through high school and not so much K-3rd grade, but it gives them a greater idea of what things are like. Especially with the 3D historic buildings and being able to actually go inside a priceless piece of art. I think that students will learn more and be more interested if they learn this way than if they are just looking and learning from books and regular websites. I think that if a teacher can incorporate learning how to use the virtual website into the regular curriculum, then it should be used in the classroom, but if they are unable to do that, then the virtual reality might be too much for that classroom. Virtual reality is probably just a fad, it is a great idea but sometime in the near future someone will come up with a different and more interesting way to learn using the computer that won't take up so much time. It is the way things go and we should expect new and better things to come in the future. This is a good idea for now and helpful but I do believe that someone will come up with something else.

No comments: