Friday, February 15, 2008

Blog #2 Software

There are many important things that students should learn about computers and many tools that they should learn how to use on computers. The most important one I think is

1 Word Processor (MS Word): I think this needs to be taught in early elementary school. This application is going to be the one that they use the most in the future so they should be very familiar with it.

2 Spreadsheets (MS Excel): Spreadsheets should be taught in the upper elementary school after students have a good grasp of MS Word.

3 Graphical Organizers: Students should learn this in elementary school also. Students would be able to benefit from this application it could do a lot for their learning.

4 Presentation Software (MS Power Point): I think students should be learning this in middle school. This is the time when student will be doing more projects so they would benefit from knowing how to use the power point application.

5 Imaging Software (iPhoto): Students should learn about this probably in later middle school or early high school. This was the time, at least for me, that I was actually taking more pictures and going on more trips so being able to use imaging software would be a great assest.

1 comment:

sean said...

I'll be posting my software picks in the forum since I'd be making pretty much the same comment to everyone on their blogs. Better to do it just once and open it up for discussion. Stay tuned.